Friday, October 9, 2026

The Monk VIII — Delayed, But a Realisation

Today, we had a stay-back so I reached at home around 3:30 p.m. Yesterday also, I was late and reached around 4:40 p.m. When Physical tiredness amalgamates with mental fatigue, writing becomes not just challenging but a painful exercise too. However, a writer must write no matter what. So, I re-scheduled the 8th part of The Monk series for today after 4 p.m. and just pondering what should I cover in this post. But due to consistent back pain, I am unable to write and frame it properly today even.

Today I realised something very deeply 

--- body and mind are not two different entities. We think they are separate, but in reality, they are one. They just seem different.

When the body suffers, the mind suffers too.

When there is pain in the back, you cannot think clearly. You cannot frame sentences spontaneously and effortlessly. You cannot align your thoughts. You have ideas in your mind, but you cannot bring them to paper. The pain pulls your attention again and again towards itself.

This is the interconnection.

We often say --- "If mind is powerful, you can overcome physical pain." It is true to some extent. But when pain is consistent, the mind also gets tired. Concentration breaks. Patience reduces. Even the will to write, which you love, feels heavy.

And the reverse is also true. When the mind is disturbed, anxious or tired, the body also feels heavy and exhausted.

They influence each other every moment.

Perhaps this is what monks understand early. You cannot train the mind by ignoring the body, and you cannot heal the body by ignoring the mind. Both need to be taken care of together.

So today, instead of forcing myself to write The Monk VIII, I am observing this pain and this restlessness. Maybe this observation itself is a part of the monk's learning.

Will be back soon with the next part --Learn from All, but Stay Aware of their Flaws.

Thank you for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment