Our former Prime Minister, Lal Bahadur Shastri Ji, lived a simple and economical life. He proved that a man’s greatness is not in his wealth, but in his values and honesty.
I believe in the same.
In 2015-16, I was earning Rs. 12,000 per month. At my father's friend's family function, my father pointed at me in front of everyone and said, "Look at him, he earns only 12,000." People looked at me with disgust.
I know his intentions were good. He did it for a rightful purpose. But one should know if the way is right.
I was young, talented, and giving my best. I had cleared CTET and later PSTET, but there were always exams after exams. Time was slipping like sand from my hands.
Out of humiliation, I walked 15 km back home that day, avoiding all public transport.
After one year, during that tough phase, I met S. Kashmir Singh Thind Ji. Sir told me, "Beta, teach with stability. There is nothing in four-five thousand rupees more. When you change schools repeatedly, your value becomes zero."
I kept his words in my heart and fortunately get a guide Mrs Amarjit Dhaliwal, the Principal of GMT International Public School.
Today, I earn a handsome amount of salary. Yes, it may seem less to you when I tell, but for me it is more than sufficient.
I was always honest about my salary. Before my marriage during COVID, I showed the Screenshot of my salary and savings to my in-laws. They said they wanted honesty, not money. But later, the taunts for my simple living started again.
I don't have Scorpio or Thar Cars like my cousins. I have a Scooter Maestro Edge, and it serves the purpose. I wear a Rs. 200 shirt and Rs. 500 pant, and that too serves the purpose.
I don't want debt. I want to bear my own expenses, educate my only son, do my teachings, stay fit, and spend time in Naam Jap. That's enough.
Since childhood, I had only one passion — to discover my true self, the Cosmic Consciousness. For that, I was called "not practical."
Maybe I am not practical for them. But for me, they are not practical — they are chasing something that will perish one day. I am who I am, without a mask. Perhaps that annoys them.
Let it annoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment