Sunday, August 16, 2026

A seed can only grow as much as the soil allows.

 Flashback, Aug. 16, 2015

Life is Like a Seed

"Life is like a seed which grows with the help of self and circumstances." 

~ Sudhir Singh


I wrote this 9 years ago, and one question from that day still stays with me:  

Why does society still differentiate between sons and daughters?

See, a seed doesn’t choose the soil it falls on. It just grows.  

Self is like that seed. It doesn’t differentiate. To the self, a child is just life, potential, love - whether son or daughter.  


But circumstances are the soil. And society prepares that soil.  

This is exactly what I tried to show in my story "The Youngest Daughter of 1857", published on Apr. 18, 2016.  


The farmer’s self knew the truth. His daughters were his strength. That's why he had strong believe on them. Rather, I would say he had a strong belief on his soil, his upbringing, 


Worldwide, it’s the very structure of society that decides whose dreams get water. We pass these beliefs down like tradition, not truth and through that story, "The Youngest Daughter of 1857", I just endeavoured to break that old orthodox belief. There, in that story, I tried to portray that daughters can take care of their parents better than the sons. However, I also strongly believe that the Soul also known as Self is not confined to a specific gender. 

We actually reap what we sow.


That’s why when I wrote "still happy" back then, I didn’t mean it personally. I meant it socially. Personally, I see no difference. For me, Consciousness is neither male nor females, they are simply the manifestation of the Cosmic Consciousness. 

But socially, the difference is still forced upon us and we all know that a seed can only grow as much as the soil allows.  

If we want both sons and daughters to grow equally tall, we have to change the soil.  

We have to change the circumstances.  

We have to change the structure.



No comments:

Post a Comment